STOLEN Casio W-650 Marlin

I will trade here a Casio W-650 Marlin blue for another interesting watch.
Do you have a Marlin I don't have (see my schools of Marlins W50 + W100) I will be very interested. (WS-730 or WS-720 or WS-740 f.e)
I like the Casio Game watches too (GM-20, GM-301, GM-40 or GM-401)

Do you want make me an offer to buy that is possible but I prefer a trade.

Here is the photo (watch the chip in the upper right corner.) The watch is fully working with the right??? watchband and good working module and buttons.

Original Post
quote:
To say I'm angry at this is an understatement Some thieving low-life scrote has obviously torn open the package and taken the watch whilst it was in transit, this is what came in the mail:

My friends, it shows the incompetence of the postal services. I advise ALL you to do safe to watch going forward. I'm not a expert in sales, because my collection is small and I haven't sold items, but when I'll do, I will make insurance of 150% of value of watch.

date, I'll keep these two pictures of you forever to show something that almost nobody believes it. This was so that prospective buyers open your eyes and make sure your items.

The insurance is usually not expensive. Here in Brazil is 1% of the value of object.

For example, if I sell a watch for $ 100, I'll make insurance of 150% of the value of object (100 USD) that gives 15 USD insurance.

Friends, with this fact that, I'm also perplexed as you.

Erik could take pictures of data (Rich) with ALL the post data, etc. to show these images and to contact the Dutch postal mail, to see what they can do. It really is absurd.

But life goes on ...

Any news, we're here, ok?

Don't worry ! Wink

Hugs to you !
Hey guys, sorry to hear about this, I too am in a pickle - Posted an M159 NOS case to user6784 (standard post from UK to Netherlands) early Jan and he's still not got it. I know the UK post has had real bad PMT over the winter but whats happened here is just plain wrong.

I am now succumbing to posting everything tracked and insured , even though it may cost me and extra £5 it is the only way to avoid this.

I hope someone is able to spot it on flea bay and get it back, my condolences Data

S. Kid
Hi, Data and all.

Sorry to hear your bad experiences. Seems like there is lots of dishonesty and fraud going around and I feel sad for you guys.

I am staying away from eBay and trading watches online now. My CFXes and TM-100s will be here with me and my only CSCW won't be crossing international borders without me too !
Hi Metaengineer, thanks for your condolences. I don't think there has been any dishonesty or fraud in this instance - it's clearly a simple case of a watch stolen whilst in transit. I've read about it happening on other forums but naievely thought it would never happen to me.

I must admit, though, this has made me think very carefully about doing business online in the future, whether selling or buying.

The saddest loss is the watch, which I wanted badly and I'm sure Erik regarded as a valuable part of his collection.

Rich.
The same day Rich told me about the loss I contacted TNT Post and made a complaint.
The only answer from them is that they have recieved the complaint. Frowner
I wait till Monday.
Then I will make a phonecall and tell them what I think about the situation! Mad

Buying and selling watches becomes a lot less pleasant!!
quote:
Originally posted by 11je12je:
The same day Rich told me about the loss I contacted TNT Post and made a complaint.
The only answer from them is that they have recieved the complaint. Frowner
I wait till Monday.
Then I will make a phonecall and tell them what I think about the situation! Mad

Buying and selling watches becomes a lot less pleasant!!

Do me a favour mate and blast their f***ing ears off and get them to find the watch. I want it. I did not bid on a 650 that was on ebay recently because I "knew" I was getting one from you in the post Frowner They don't come up for sale very often at all. Frowner
Hi guys
I recently bought a seiko watch from a ebayer in germany, and when i got the envelope in the mail the watch was not inside (not a nice experience).
I contacted TNT (netherlands) and told them that the watch that supposed to be inside the envelope was gone. i filed a complaint and a few hours later i was called back, they found a watch at the mail distribution center.
Aparently the machine that sorts the mail, ripped it out of the package (i goes really fast), so they found it in some sort of drawer in the machine. I went to the center just a few miles from my home ,and got my watch Smiler
I even got a tour in the distribution center and an apology. The man in the DC showed me the machines and how fast they operate ,this is why sometimes goods get out of packages. When i look at the envelope this could (and i hope it is) be the case. It's ripped in the corner ,the same as in my situation.
Data, i hope you get your watch.
After this happened (boring by the way), I'm having bright ideas about: AS PACKAGING ORDERS OF WATCHES.

I have in my mind an effective way to prevent this kind of thing that was reported by friend user6784 , and that also avoiding action of people ill-intentioned that work in the mail.

For that our order is packaged with safely, you need three things: Glue resistant, bubble wrap, bubble envelope, cardboard and a tough durable plastic. With these items we can make an order totally secure. Wink

What can happen is a fool worker of post office (or customs) to steal the envelope, because to open it will be extremely difficult. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by user6784:
Hi guys
I recently bought a seiko watch from a ebayer in germany, and when i got the envelope in the mail the watch was not inside (not a nice experience).
I contacted TNT (netherlands) and told them that the watch that supposed to be inside the envelope was gone. i filed a complaint and a few hours later i was called back, they found a watch at the mail distribution center.
Aparently the machine that sorts the mail, ripped it out of the package (i goes really fast), so they found it in some sort of drawer in the machine. I went to the center just a few miles from my home ,and got my watch Smiler
I even got a tour in the distribution center and an apology. The man in the DC showed me the machines and how fast they operate ,this is why sometimes goods get out of packages. When i look at the envelope this could (and i hope it is) be the case. It's ripped in the corner ,the same as in my situation.
Data, i hope you get your watch.

Hi, Data.

If what really happened is as what user had described. There may be hopes of getting it back. At most it will suffer a few scratches in the sorting machine.

You have shown us the back showing the serial number. How is the watch from the front ?

I think not all people appreciates Marlin to steal them. Neither are Marlins a luxury watch. So unless there are some vintage watch collectors at the post office, you should be able to retrieve it.

Just create a din at their centers every alternate day and they should make that effort to find it for you. Btw, was it insured from loss ?
quote:
Originally posted by pocketcalculatorshow:
Many of us have similar stories...

My Sexum watch shipped to nick0 and went missing. I sold one of these to a fellow in Switzerland. It left the USA via Miami, but must have flown over the Bermuda Triangle because neither of us saw it again.

But my worst story is not of a missing watch but a stolen one:

http://pocketcalculatorshow.co...10635831#52110635831

What is this Seiko called ? What does it do ? It has a thick piece of body on it's right with 2 black buttons top and below ?
Im in the same boat.
I bought a watchpart and has not arrived yet. Frowner
I blame royal mail, but TNT isn't much better.
I hear that royal mail has backlogs, but i'm waiting 1,5 months now.
But i see stories of people on the net ,claiming that they had a package delivered after two months, and where very surprised.
So still hoping i will get it Smiler

Add Reply