Seiko G757 Display - Not Working, But So Close!

Hi folks. Long time stalker, first time poster, but I'm looking forward to posting a lot more often. 

So, I'd love some feedback on a display problem I'm having with a Seiko G757 4000. At first, it seems like the predictable issue where the LCD display is mostly blank, but a few segments of digits pulse into being now and then, before fading out altogether. So I took the watch apart, cleaned the zebra connectors, contact points on the LCD, and the board (as best I could - I'm no expert with electronics), and placed it all back together.

The LCD's no better than it was before, but here's the weird thing: if I apply compressed air through a straw at either the top or bottom of the exposed movement, approximately behind where the connectors meet the LCD, the LCD display shows up perfectly for about three or four seconds before becoming faint, and dissipating. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Or if not, have any idea as to what causes it? Thanks! 

Original Post

Did you get anywhere with this?  Unfortunately, it sounds like it was dying. I had three working G757s and they've all died.  There should be some other messages on here about them - I think I posted a panic message here when one was in the process of dying.  There was no hope for that though - totally dead now.

Add Reply

Likes (0)