Seiko C515

I have received a Seiko C515 that was a retirenent presentation that my wifes uncle received from his employer when he retired in 1982. It is in nearly perfect condition but I don't have an instruction manual to allow me to set it. It works but I need a manual to properly set the watch. Does anyone have an instruction manual for a C515 that they would share? Thanks.
Original Post
I've only got the Tech guide on the library. Im trying to get all the Seiko calibre manuals to go with the tech guide, but some are harder to get than others.
If anyone has the C515 manual that they could scan please pass it on so I can add it to the library.

Jaclin if you do get stuck I have a C515 here so should be able to help just send me a PM

Adam
quote:
Originally posted by DWL:
Jaclin if you do get stuck I have a C515 here so should be able to help just send me a PM

jaclin, yes, i also have a C515 here, it is really easy to set, please ask what do you want to know exactly or pm.

Sadly, i have only the technical manual (repair guide) for this SEIKO.

Hint: If you have a real use for this watch, don't sell it. It is one of the best "normal" (non scientific) wristwatch calcs you can get in terms of manufacturing quality. Forget about that rubber keyboard crap.
I wear it daily on work, because i often need a simple calc there.

If you have no use for it and want to sell this watch... i am interested !
quote:
Originally posted by jaclin:
I have received a Seiko C515 that was a retirenent presentation that my wifes uncle received from his employer when he retired in 1982. It is in nearly perfect condition but I don't have an instruction manual to allow me to set it. It works but I need a manual to properly set the watch. Does anyone have an instruction manual for a C515 that they would share? Thanks.

How you and I would wish your wife's uncle received a CSCW instead.

It's a top notch Scientific Calculator Watch. I have been looking for a second one like hell and can't find.

The C515 though is a non scientific calculator watch good enough to wear daily as oet bear testimony to it.

Enjoy !
I appreciate your offer to assist i9n setting this watch. I have been able to finally set the time correctly, however Ican't figure out the other functions. How do you set the following:
Day of the week
Alarm times and shut off alarm
What is M1 & M2?
How do I get to the calculator function
How do I change from AM to PM
I have the parts catalog, but not the operating instructions.
Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

How do you set the following:

- Day of the week:
Press A five times until seconds start to flash.
Then press B three times, until the year flashes. And that is the solution, when you set the correct year, the day of week will be set automatically ! There is no special setting for setting the day of week in another way while using this watch. You have to enter the year using the keyboard, for example "94". You will soon notice, this leads to another problem which is common for a lot of old watches, there is no setting of 2011 or "11" possible. It is only possible to set something between "80" and "99" with the Seiko C515. You need to enter a year with the same day and dates of the current year. For 2011 this is "94". Sounds difficult ? It isn't, read here:
http://pocketcalculatorshow.co...109901/m/96320635941

- Alarm times and shut off alarm
Press A two times to see the alarm setting display. Next, press B one time. The hours begin to flash, enter the hour using the keyboard, for example enter "20". As soon as you entered something the alarm symbol will be displayed in the upper left corner. To enter the minutes, press B again, the minutes begin to flash, again enter something using the keyboard, for example "15".
Press B again when you did so. Now you should see the alarm time you entered and the alarm symbol in the upper left corner and no more flashing at all, this means alarm is set and it should "ring" at the programmed time.
To shut off alarm: (While in normal time display mode) press A two times, you are in the alarm setting mode... Press C one time... the alarm symbol in the upper right corner should disappear, this means alarm is now shut off.

- What is M1 & M2?
This is some little extra memory which can store for example tel.numbers and other numerical (only) things you can enter using the keyboard. The SEIKO C515 has two little banks of storage for that, called "M-1" and "M-2".
For example (while beeing in normal time display mode), press A three times. You should see something like:
"- - - - - - - -" and "M-1" in the upper right display. Now you can enter directly up to 8 numbers using the keyboard (stupid example: "12345678"). If you are ready you can (but don't have to) continue to type something in bank 2, called "M-2" by pressing B one times in the same way. Or press B again to see the contents of "M-1" again. Regardless in which memory bank you are, you can clear the contents
with pressing C one times at any time.
If you are ready with entering something in one or maybe both memory banks, press A one time.
You are back in normal time mode display.
To see the numbers you entered in the memory banks, you need to press B one time and hold it. You see the content of "M-1". Release the button, and watch is back in normal time display mode. Do it again and you will see the content of "M-2". You will get the idea fast...

- How do I get to the calculator function
In normal time display mode, simply press A one time.

- How do I change from AM to PM
Do mean how to set from 12 hours display to 24 hours display while time display is active ?
Simply press the "=" button on the keyboard, that switches between that setting.
While in time setting mode (see first answer of me) you only need to type in the time, that's it.

I hope, i could help you.
I have tried your instructions for my C515 Seiko and they worked just as you said. I now have a fully functioning C515. I have printed your instructions for future reference. I changed the battery but the one that was in the watch is the wrong type. The watch had a CR 2012 in it so I replaced it with the same type. Once I had the catalog for parts I discovered that the watch should have a CR 2016. I suppose that my wifes Uncle changed the battery and put in the wrong one. Thankfully it was dead and apparently didn't hurt the watch. I'll now get the correct battery and put it in.
Thank you ever so much for your assistance. I'll keep your name and e-mail address handy if I ever need your help again.
quote:
Originally posted by jaclin:
Thank you ever so much for your assistance. I'll keep your name and e-mail address handy if I ever need your help again.

No problem, buddy ! This is what i think is the true sense of this forum, to help each other in a friendly way while collecting that old digital watches - and not using this forum as a platform for selling that old stuff.
Sadly, there are some idiots who think of this forum as as cheap ebay replacement...

I hope to hear from you from time to time in this forum, and... don't give that C515 away cheap on ebay or elsewhere if you really like it... this watch is among the best ever produced calculator watches in terms of manufacturing quality
and longtime endurance... forget about all the other crap... of course there is still the Citizen round calculator watch which has scientific functions too and which has a extremely good manufacturing / longterm quality.
Our friend MetaEngineer in this forum is a expert for this watch Smiler

Here is a picture, but be warned, this is NOT something you can expect on ebay every two days, it's EXTREMLY RARE (not my watch, not my picture, i grabbed it somewhere from the net):

Hey, I just got my Seiko C515-5009 and read through this and my watch works great. I had two questions. I hope there is someone out there who can help me: 

1. It seems the alarm is on and set but there is no beeping. Is there any troubling shooting I can do or something jam doing wrong?

2. How do I get the alarm bell to disappear from the main home screen?

ive looked all over the Internet for a scanned copy of the manual and it's impossible to find!

thanks in advance!

Add Reply