Rare Casio marlin - WS-730

I really don't mind it - and with a new battery the module is happy (not easy to find sr721SW batteries around these parts). Before the crystal polish I would have chucked it until I found it was a reasonably uncommon Marlin, and if I was going to keep it I'd probably do some more work on the case and look out for a new crystal.

As it is though, it's a great watch to wear. The advantage to a 'worn' watch is you aren't scared to wear it on the off-chance it might get scratched. The 145 is a really thin module so the watch feels light and invisible on the wrist, particularly with a rubber band (which I prefer for the Marlins anyway - not sure if this one originally came with a rubber or SS band).

I do have a bit of a surplus of watches at the moment though, so look out for it on eBay soon if you're a rare Marlin fan

ws730

Attachments

Photos (1)

Good guess Tiberiu, that's exactly what I did.

Wet/dry sandpaper at grades 400/600/800/1200 then micromesh up to 2000 followed by white (optical) cerium oxide slurry on a felt disk.

The results are really good, when compared to the original, and as long as you keep it wet and don't let it get too hot, the glass won't crack, nor will the graphics on the back of the glass start to separate.

Hi,

It is a slow process, but the results are beautiful on your watch. I actually used Polywatch on plexiglass crystals, but I realised that cerium oxide works well on plexiglass as well and is cheaper than Polywatch. The only downside of cerium oxide is that it is a little messier.

Cheers,

Tiberiu

Add Reply

Likes (0)