JoinSign In
Forums
Search
Chats
Clips

My old Casio DW-240

Hello, I'm new to this forum 'cause I found this old Casio DW-240 abandoned in a drawer!

It has been offered to me for Christmas in December 1991 as I was crazy about having a watch like this. I remember thinking it was really one of the coolest present I could have!

I spent a long part of my teenage days with this watch wearing it night and day and it never had any problems.
The wrist band had been changed once but it broke again and it's the reason why this poor thing ended there in the dark 'til the battery died.

I found the original case and the user guide manual with it in the drawer so I brought it in a watch shop, paid for a new battery change and I've ordered a wrist band on e-bay.

Can't wait to wear it again!

Very Good Watch !!!

I had a DW-210 (equal this), but with module 548 in 1997, that I bought of a friend. In mid-1998, I had changed my DW-210 on a shop watches for a DW-300 which was working fine at the beginning. Later, this watch presented a problem in the module (same problem in several 240 module with 888888 when put the timer to run). Then, I was so nervous and upset with my DW-300 that I had thrown it in the trash Frowner . I was very sad .... Today I have a DW-300 that work perfectly, running like new. Smiler

This is a few of my history.

Hugs and congratulation for your old and new watch ! Wink

Like (0 likes)
Glad you decided to breathe some new life into your forgotten watch! It's great that you saved the old box and instructions too.

It's a great model and I'm sure it will serve you faithfully for another 20 years.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks for your messages, I'm pretty sure it will work even 40 years more ahaha!

I'll do some pics when I'll get the wrist band. For now I use it as an alarm clock to wake up in the morning!

I'm sorry for your watch problems engecampos, but glad that you found one that works now Wink

I checked this forum for a while but didn't find any info with the name DW-240 except that it's a 690 module.
So it's similar to a DW-210? (I'm not really a watch nerd, just a bit curious)

It seems it's not really a popular watch...

I think this one was around 40$ in the 90's but I was also wondering how much my watch would cost nowaday...

Anyway, I've been to Tokyo once, needed a watch, and I bought another Casio in Akihabara for around 10 $ thinking about having something similar to this one. I think it was a more recent one cause it had the Illuminator lights and it was less complex module I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to get any vintage watches over there. Next time I'll go to Japan I'll check if I can find something interesting!

Like (0 likes)
quote:
Thanks for your messages, I'm pretty sure it will work even 40 years more ahaha!

I'll do some pics when I'll get the wrist band. For now I use it as an alarm clock to wake up in the morning!

I'm sorry for your watch problems engecampos, but glad that you found one that works now

I checked this forum for a while but didn't find any info with the name DW-240 except that it's a 690 module.
So it's similar to a DW-210? (I'm not really a watch nerd, just a bit curious)

It seems it's not really a popular watch...

I think this one was around 40$ in the 90's but I was also wondering how much my watch would cost nowaday...

Anyway, I've been to Tokyo once, needed a watch, and I bought another Casio in Akihabara for around 10 $ thinking about having something similar to this one. I think it was a more recent one cause it had the Illuminator lights and it was less complex module I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to get any vintage watches over there. Next time I'll go to Japan I'll check if I can find something interesting!

The DW-210 is equal to yours, but have the module 548, with same functionality as the classic DW-5200 (G-Shock).

Link:

http://watchshock.com/photo/Ca...tches-1243019963.jpg

I've followed some auction site and have noticed that Japanese are fanatics for casios vintage, especially G-Shocks. They are willing to pay a fortune for them.

You're right about the ease of finding vintage watches there. Because casio japan is very famous. Big Grin

When you have news, post it here for us, ok? Wink

Cheers!

Like (0 likes)
quote:
kitsune

I would remind you that both G-Shocks, as the DW-210, DW-240, DW-260 & DW-270 (gold series) were and still are very popular here in Brazil ... But its heyday was the 80s and mid-1990 .

Do not know about other countries, but in digital watches, Casio is unbeatable in Brazil.

Like (0 likes)
thanks for all these informations!
Yeah the DW-210 is pretty similar but doesn't have the rem function, right?

By the way I bought the other Casio watch in japan brand new. I think they still have some new pieces stock.

My wrist band has been shipped to my country (France) today, I hope to get it soon! Wink

Like (0 likes)
Ok Ok Kitsune !

When you have your new band, put here some pics of your watch with the new band, ok?

Yes, the DW-210 don't have REM function (appears alarm symbol in the place of REM), but it has beep every half hour, as in the first g-shocks ... The DW-240 has the module with same function as the g-shocks DW-5600.

Both are very good watches !!!

Like (0 likes)
Hi, very nice casio, nice history, you just need a new band, in ebay I buy for my DW 2 bands already, check there, some are original, check close...

Like (0 likes)
My fault, I miis the band part... Post some pics when you receive the band...

Like (0 likes)

Hey!

I'm French and I found a Casio DW-240 in my old stuff too about 1 month ago.

I just went to a Casio retailer and what a surprise : they had an official Casio band for this watch!

I read that they stopped producing this watch in 1990 and that was a great surprise to find that band and making this piece of my personnal history rebirth.

Excuse my English

Here's how it looks!

Photos (1)
IMG_1601

Like (0 likes)

I forgot to mention when I found my watch, the battery was still working! Ten years later, it's amazing...

Like (0 likes)