Casio FlipTop DataBank IA-1000

I have 3 of these 1990 watches, onlt one work, it seems each time we change the battery, 1 out of 3 times the watch do not work after battery change.

Do any one know if the original panasonic gold plated battery has a impact on the fonction of these watches?

On the market today, no one makes these CR 2012 gold plated battery.
Original Post
There is a secret way of resetting these watches after a new battery. I was told the method by a collector friend, but forgot the details. i have to dig through my old emails.

Something about.. there is a secret reset switch somewhere on the keypad that is not on a visible key.

This information is probably worth a pot of gold.
I also have three of these watches and they all work

First replace the battery in the base

Then you have to gently remove the digital screen.
there is a access point at the top but the hinge

Thento your right there is a small brass contact with the word push nex to it.

After pressing this one then move to the left of the screen and there is another brass contact by itself .

Press that one and presto. that how I reset all of mine

Hope that works
Andrew Aussie Casio posted:
I also have three of these watches and they all work

First replace the battery in the base

Then you have to gently remove the digital screen.
there is a access point at the top but the hinge

Thento your right there is a small brass contact with the word push nex to it.

After pressing this one then move to the left of the screen and there is another brass contact by itself .

Press that one and presto. that how I reset all of mine

Hope that works

Tried this, but without luck... I have the impression something is missing in the battery compartment... Beneath the battery there is a tiny piece of some sort of flat cable, looks like it broke off. Anyone a picture of how the battery compartment should look like? 

Add Reply