Casio DBC-600 Keypad Replacement

During the last week I started to restore my old Casio DBC-600.

In addition to a good cleaning, my watch needed a new keypad as the old one was completely ruined (see the pics below). It's not easy to find a spare part, so I decided to create it from scratch using my Mac. Then I printed the file on a mat plastic sticker and this is the result! What do you think?

Attachments

Photos (5)
Original Post

Hi Statsman1! Yes, there are no problems to send you a keypad layer.

As you can see in the next pics, the keypad is perfect and it's works fine (in the second pics it's in calculator mode). Moreover, I can create keypad also for other DBC watches (600, 610, 611, etc.)

Attachments

Photos (2)

I love to share the layer guys, I feel this forum and hobby is all about the sharing and caring. However, the layer is not mine. The user who designed the layer has not given me permission to distribute it nor made it public. If he indicates to me or anyone else that he's fine with having his work shared then I'm more than happy to share. Unfortunately i've been trying to get a hold of him for a while in regards to the material to print on but received no reply.  

Originally Posted by Mr_Drummond:

I love to share the layer guys, I feel this forum and hobby is all about the sharing and caring. However, the layer is not mine. The user who designed the layer has not given me permission to distribute it nor made it public. If he indicates to me or anyone else that he's fine with having his work shared then I'm more than happy to share. Unfortunately i've been trying to get a hold of him for a while in regards to the material to print on but received no reply.  

if nobody ask  you to   sent the layer at  pm?

FZ750 posted:

During the last week I started to restore my old Casio DBC-600.

In addition to a good cleaning, my watch needed a new keypad as the old one was completely ruined (see the pics below). It's not easy to find a spare part, so I decided to create it from scratch using my Mac. Then I printed the file on a mat plastic sticker and this is the result! What do you think?

That is brilliantly done. I have at long last acquired my favored DBC-61 & 610. I plan to attempt the same thing that you have achieved. Can you tell me what is the approximate thickness of the mat sticker that you used?

Thanks Holmes!

Add Reply

Likes (1)
23gym23