1970s L.E.D Digital watches..people willing to trade?

hello all

i am a 1970s L.E.D Digital watch collector
i am seeking other collectors for trading.
as i have a few nice leds up for trade?
anyone keen private message me please

cheers
geoff
Original Post
Hi Geoff as no one else has answered I will try. As you can see from the forum theres not much discussion here about LEDs (dont know why). We all seem to collect LCDs although I am sure some of the guys have LEDs hidden away. There are other forums that you will almost certainly get a better response DWF.nu springs to mind. I hope that helps a little. Sorry I cant be of any more use.

regards

Adam
I suspect (and it's true from my perspective anyway) it's because LCD watches are cheaper - so you can have more than one or two in your collection - and have a whole lot more features than LED watches.

There is no denying the cool (or should that be nerd) factor of the LED watch - but you don't see many of them with games, world time, databank, scientific calculator, animation etc.

While I've often considered buying at least one LED watch, the lure of the multi-fucntion LCD has won out every time (so far!).
quote:
Originally posted by nick0:
While I've often considered buying at least one LED watch, the lure of the multi-fucntion LCD has won out every time (so far!).

NickO, then its time to get a HP 01 or Pulsar LED calculator, right? Big Grin
well thanks guys.but i like to make allsorts of connections with other watch lovers as you never know where the next offer of a good looking watch will come from.
so once again
anyone selling LEDS please get in contact.

cheers
geoff
Hi... I own a few LED's myself.... you can email me at onlinetexas@hotmail.com

send me some pics of LED's you want have to trade, and I will send you pics of mine. I also have some LED's that dont work but have immaculate bodies! Great if you replace the innerds! PS... do you know where I can get LED innerds! (I love the word innerds!)

Email me at onlinetexas@hotmail.com

-Davester

quote:
Originally posted by funkyguyfromlondon:
hello all

i am a 1970s L.E.D Digital watch collector
i am seeking other collectors for trading.
as i have a few nice leds up for trade?
anyone keen private message me please

cheers
geoff
Let's also not forget the URANUS LED MULTI-FUNCTION CALCULATOR WATCH and the awesome BULOVA LED DRIVERS SIDEVIEW WATCHES!! Now, those watches are some that do have great style!! How many LCD side view drivers watches are there?? I don't know of even one---well, maybe one--the Penguinator that displays two sideview times. Not a favorite of mine however. just way toooooo big. Just some thoughts--
Don't forget the Girard Perigaux "Casquette" watch... I had one and sold it on ebay for $2,500... I sold it because I was afraid that if I damaged it, I would never get the value from that watch again! There's also a guy on ebay that sells an awesome NEW led drivers watch for $89 .... I'm gonna buy one!
Just out of curiosity: When did you sell your Girard Perregaux, and which version was it?

About the "NEW led drivers" you mentioned: you will must probably be disappointed. Almost ALL new LED watches are just cheap rubbish. The product "photos" are always photoshopped - the watches never look as good in reality as on these pictures, especially the LED display will be either dark or unevenly lighted, or both...

Can you post a link to that watch? Maybe someone here has already tried it out.
quote:
Originally posted by Davester:
here is the new led drivers watch link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...IT&item=300312836323
This a copy of the Adidas HSD 602, and very close to the original Bulova driver's. A nice watch, but don't expect the display to exactly like it does on the pictures, these are edited for sure.
At least the seller is serious, so you can probably return it if you don't like it Wink

Personally, I'd have kept the GP. Nothing can beat the REAL 70's LED displays with their nice thin segments. Cool
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Davester:
Hi... I own a few LED's myself.... you can email me at onlinetexas@hotmail.com

send me some pics of LED's you want have to trade, and I will send you pics of mine. I also have some LED's that dont work but have immaculate bodies! Great if you replace the innerds! PS... do you know where I can get LED innerds! (I love the word innerds!)

Email me at onlinetexas@hotmail.com

-Davester

[QUOTE]
ok cheers davestar..
ill be in contact.
any other led guys n girls willing to trade.
get in touch.happy 2010.

G
I know this is late in answering but I would try
watchismo.com he practically owned every led watch that was made.Unfortunately he sold most of them when he decided to get married.I am also an Led watch collector but I like to mix it up from time to time.Watchismo now sells retro modern watches including the new led watches.This guy sells quality watches and would not sell you something that did not look like the one in the picture.Cheers and Good Hunting.

Add Reply

Likes (0)